Step 4 — Submit Immigration Petition
In conjunction with your immigration attorney, you, the investor, must gather all necessary documents to prepare and submit the I-526 Petition for an Alien Entrepreneur to USCIS, where they will approve that you have sufficient source(s) of funds and that the investment is eligible for EB-5 status. Your regional center will assist you with this process.
The application will require the following evidence/documentation:
- Proof that you have invested $500,000 or $1,000,000 (depending on location) in a designated Regional Center according to the approved Regional Center business plan. A letter from legacy INS or USCIS should be attached with the I-526 form designating the Regional Center. Your investment must be within the geographical area specified in the letter.
- If you wish to make a $500,000 investment, the Regional Center must be located in a targeted employment area (TEA) with documentation to prove it.
- Evidence that your investment in the Regional Center will create at least 10 direct or indirect full-time jobs (Regional Centers will assist with this).
- Evidence that the investment funds were obtained through lawful means. This evidence may be demonstrated by the following:
- Foreign business registration records
- Personal and business tax returns
- Documents identifying other sources of money
- Certified copies of all pending civil or criminal actions and proceedings, or any private civil actions involving money judgments against the investor within the past 15 years.